Thursday, August 09, 2007

It really is the Valley of the Blogs.

I tried to ship the swords at Staples, but it was a no go. Not that they freaked at the swords or anything, but they had no appropriately-sized boxes.

I hiked back out across the scorching asphalt prairie and poured myself into a puddle in the Zed Three and motored over to the UPS Store only two clone-like strip malls over. I pulled into a parking place, got out of the car, ignored the pain as the blast of heat from the blacktop set my hair and eyebrows alight, and tried to smile politely at the customer just coming out of the UPS joint as I distractedly grabbed an armload of swords from the passenger seat. "Wow," I thought to myself, "she was awful smiley for a person standing in the middle of a solar cooker."

"Tamara?"

I look up. It's Dr. Helen. You can't swing a cat in this town without hitting a blogger. We talked about what casual acquaintances usually talk about when they run into each other while out running errands. You know, Blog Ads and such...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

IZ SWINGING AROUNDS YOU
HITTING OTHR BLOGGERZ

Tam said...

LOL

;)

staghounds said...

Shipping tip- furniture stores. They get these huge cardboard boxes. Cut along one seam, and you'll have giant cardboard sheets that are easily folded into stout boxes of whatever size required. The corrugations provide easy guides for fold lines.

I've shipped rifles, swords, and an oak roll top desk using this method.

Jake said...

In Knoxville overnight on business...sitting in the Holiday Inn... reading blogs.

Dr. StrangeGun said...

I still have two cardboard shipping boxes that rifles came in. Think they'd be long enough?