Saturday, December 31, 2016

*pop*

To Indy Arms Co. again yesterday morning with the Glock 19 Gen4 and another hundred rounds of TulAmmo 115gr FMJ in factory Glock magazines. My goal was to shoot about half of it on the clock (five round strings with a lazy five second par time) at the head zone on the target and then the rest at the lower A-zone.

The lazy par time is because I don't like rushing things with TulAmmo, and yet three times I still got ahead of myself and blew the second shot of the string off the left side of the target there. I really have been getting lazy. That, and the actual *BEEP!* somehow does degrade my shooting.

And the reason I don't like rushing things too much with TulAmmo was illustrated by round number thirty-nine of the day (#1,505 of the test.) There was an extremely reduced report and the slide didn't fully cycle. I cycled the slide by hand and the empty case popped out of the chamber; the slide hadn't traveled far enough to the rear for the spent case to make contact with the ejector, and so it didn't pick up a fresh round and re-chambered the empty.

I shone my flashlight into the muzzle and made sure I saw light in the ejection port before resuming shooting.

Other than failing to eject the undercharged round, there were no other malfunctions.

That makes 1,566 rounds through the Gen4 19 since it was cleaned or lubricated with two failures-to-fire (#205, #1,290), two failures-to-extract (#1,367, #1,447), one failure-to-eject (#1,505), and two failures-to-feed (#814, #864*). 434 rounds to go.
.